Sunday, October 13, 2013

What to do when you feel like quitting...


Everyone feels like quitting sometimes...
And I’m no different.

Just the other day I was talking with Michelle
about exactly that…
 
Disgruntled employees, 3:45 AM alarms,
7 PM Bootcamps…it can wear me out.
 
Sometimes I just want to quit and get a
regular job…
 
But then I logged into Facebook and saw
this post from one of you:
 
“I'm a firm believer in the work you all do! These
classes have been tough, exhausting, and at times,
painful. All of that plus i really have fun! That
means - it works!!! Thank you!!”


And then I got it... IT’S NOT ABOUT ME!
 














Weather you realize it or not, your hard work
is inspiring others to do their best.

And when you realize that, you’ll be energized.
 
Tia has inspired so many of us (me included!)
by chronicling her weight loss journey on
Facebook…
 
In turn, she is inspired by Carol who is proving
to everyone that age is no excuse...
(not that I’m sayin’ you’re old Carol ;-))
 
And just a few days ago Susan posted a message
about how she was going to forgo the cupcake
she wanted and just go to bed.
 
That post helped me to just go to bed instead of
finishing the beer I’d just opened ;-))
 
So while you keep fighting towards what is really
important, remember your efforts are not only helping
you…they are inspiring others!
 
There is another lesson to be learned here as well:
 
EVERYONE thinks of quitting sometimes.
 
Abraham Lincoln considered quitting politics all
together after numerous lost elections.
 
Lucky for all of us he didn’t.
 
Whatever your goal…whatever your motivations…
real defeat only happens when you quit.
 
And every set back, every momentary loss of
motivation only makes us stronger.
 
No matter what obstacle has gotten you down, no
matter how seemingly insurmountable the challenges
in your way are, and no matter how frustrated you
might be at the pace of your progress - remember
that you are not alone.

Do the work – not just for yourself but for all of us!

See You All Tomorrow!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment