Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Get Your Mind Right

Have you ever said any of these things to yourself?

"I don't have the time to workout and eat healthy."

"I can't give up my favorite foods."

"I've tried and failed so many times before  - why
should I even bother trying again?"

These negative thoughts can pop into our heads
automatically.

And if we don't learn to control them reaching our
goals can be difficult if not impossible.















When you find yourself caught in one of these
negative "thought traps" take a deep breath
and replace the negative thought with a positive
affirmation.

For example, when your inner critic thinks "I'll never
be able to give up my favorite foods" consciously
change that thought to a positive one like:

"I don't have to give up all my favorite foods. And I
don't have to give up everything forever."

Or "Even if I just make small changes it will benefit
me. Small victories add up to massive changes
over time."

My big one is "Why even cut carbs out of my diet?
Even when I eat right I never can give up beer so
what's the point?"

But I don't have to give it up.

I can just drink less of it :-))

And I can drink light beer.

So really I have no excuse...

And neither do you!

So let's work together to change our thoughts...
and in turn change our lives!

Till next time...

John

No comments:

Post a Comment